Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Testimony of the Gift of Tongues

July 6, 2016
From the MTC

Testimony of the Gift of Tongues

Hi Everyone
     I would like to take a few minutes  and express my gratitude for the prayers you are saying on my behalf, and the other missionaries. For me at least, I can not help but marvel at the stamina, physical strength, and alertness I have been able to feel here at the MTC. I know one thing is for sure... It's definitely not the food here. Hahaha.

     As you know a missionaries schedule is rigorous here at the MTC. It's not that we are doing a lot physically (yeah I know, that will change when I get to Fukuoka) but mentally and spiritually, this new environment is taxing. It's taken me time to acclimate to my new surroundings, but thanks to Heavenly Father, Christ, the Holy Ghost (especially) and your prayers and letters, I've been able to adjust.

     My normal schedule is to wake up at 5:30, and (hopefully) bed by 10:30. All my meal times are about 45 minutes long, and we have 2 hours of exercise/free time in the day. Although with free time/exercise time , with my foot being out of commission (because of a wonky nerve in my toe) I haven't been able to work out. So I study or write drafts for letters instead. "Class" time is about 9-10 hours each day, depending on the schedule. Within that time you can either have "classroom instruction" where one the teachers helps you with the language (grammar and vocabulary), gospel principles, teaching others, and how to use the resources here at the MTC. These 9-10 hours also
include "personal, companion, or language study" and it is encouraged to do those specific things in that order. This time is also when there is no instructor. I normally read my scriptures for personal time. Than during companion study we make lesson plans, and after that is done, we work on Nihogo (Japanese).

     Another topic I would like to touch base on, is how I am learning. The "Igen no Tamamono" is real. I have witnessed first hand the Gift of Tongues in my companion, in addition to the fact that she is an exceptionally fast learner, and close to the Spirit. Normally it is difficult for me to remember vocabulary, but now, just from writing the word in hiragana or in the air, intense studying and effort. I
have been able to obtain, retain, and proclaim much more than I could have though. As far as grammar goes though, that's really hard for me. Yet Heavenly Father has blessed me with a talent companion who understands the grammar and its structure. I have been given a great
resource, and can learn so much from her.

     Thank you again for your prayers, I have felt their power here at the MTC. I too have been praying for many of you, and thank you for the sacrifices, funds, time, letters, and the act,of simply thinking of me.

     The MTC is not sunshine and rainbows, but thanks to my testimony of prayer, the Spirit, my blessing, Heavenly Father, Christ, and all of you, I'm making it.



This is my district: They are all so wonderful!
Top Left to Right:
Elder Yeakley, Elder Isaac Peter Huage de Servil, Elder Hudson Ferreira, Elder Grant McColm, Elder Joseph Budge (district leader) and Elder Carter Lapine.
Sister Freed and Sister Perkins
This picture was taken on Sunday July 3rd

-Hope all is well
Freed Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment