Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 22nd

January 22, 2017
From Hikari






As you can see Hikari is really big, but it's lots of fun! We have been able to see some wonderful miracles this week! We have been able to make 2 baptismal dates with a girl named R and M! They are first years in High school and already have a huge desire to enter the temple!

I just wanted to talk about the importance of sacrament as well! Oh my gosh I love taking the sacrament! It allows us to make a new start every single week! To improve! And while yes we do make the same mistakes, at least we try! Trying is the most important part to enduring, and enduring with meaning. While we may feel like we aren't making progress, we are! We just can't see it right in the moment. A talk that goes with this is from April 2015 "Latter-day Saints Keep on Trying"! The part at the end is really funny too :)

Coming to the church is also so important for people investigating the church. And I can't stress enough on how important it is for members to befriend people investigating the church! It's a whole new world to them!


Here are some pics of the district too along with me and my make shift Kotatsu!



Back Left to right:
Elder Chadwick, Elder Hill, Elder Mathews, ZL Burgened, me. Milking ChanAya chan, Son Kyodai,Kamekawa fufu
Front Left to right:
Lofthouse Shimai, Nakamura Shimai, Terada Shimai, Son Shimai 
Shokuji!


I'm so honored to be a member and a missionary here in Japan! We have seen so many miracles, and I know it is because the missionaries here have been obedient, and we have received so many prayers! Thank you so much! 
Much Love!
Freed Shimai

1 comment:

  1. I too love the sacrament. Befriending each other...new investigators and Long time members alike is so important. It's the the cheers song, "people want to go where everybody knows your name"

    ReplyDelete