Monday, August 29, 2016

Land of the Rising Sun

From Japan
August 29, 2016

Well.... Everyone... It's official.... !!!!
I'm in The land of the rising Sun! Everything is better here than America! Hahaha! Except for the prices.. But alas, everything is better in Japan! The people are all so nice, and everything is so clean. The food is incredible, I am going to gain "over 9,000!" pounds. Haha, everything here is fun sized as well. From the cars, to the buildings. The only thing that is big here, are the hearts of the people.

Well first day, we slept under the Fukuoka temple; pretty crazy right? No safer place in all of Japan I'de have to say. My Mission President, Egan, and Sister Egan are very loving and work extremely hard for all their missionaries. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to trust them, and know them.

At this time I also had to realize I would no longer be seeing my companion from the MTC. I will greatly miss Perkins Shimai! I'm sorry I didn't talk about her much on my other blogs, but gaaaah! She was such a blessing to me in the MTC, and still is a blessing to me. And I know she will bless many many many others. Not only the people of Japan, but her companions and church members. She is such a ray of sunshine.  to call her my friend is an honor. She is currently in Fukuoka right now. And she's an amazing missionary and person. Haha, I tell people all the time that Perkins Shimai is such a good missionary that....people will be filling up their bathtubs by the end of every
lesson so that they can be baptized right away!!

Also, the Fukuoka mission is incredibly unique. It is the largest in Japan, and covers tons of different geography. Literally one elder in my district, he had to take bus, train, plane, and boat to get to his
assigned island of Naze. In the group I came in, people were assigned all over. Like Okinawa and Kumamoto.

Currently I am transferred in Saijo, in Hiroshima! It is one of the northern most missions in the Fukuoka mission. I took a 5 hour bus ride from Fukuoka, and about a 15 minute train ride to get to my destination.

During the assigning of the new mission areas, I also got a new companion. Her name is sister Johnson! She is very outgoing, and incredible caring. I enjoy being her companion and can't wait to learn from her. It's funny too, haha her first Name is Amelia, and last is Johnson.... Haha, names of two of my closest friends from Wisconsin. What are the odds? We are also very similar, in the fact that we both forget things a ton, are very unorganized, and lose things a lot. Hahaha. She is 20, and has been out a little more than a year. She's also joined the church about 3 years ago, and has an amazing testimony of the gospel.


Here's a picture of us :)


Minamoto choro and Shimai are couples missionaries. They are so loving and caring. Every Friday they invite the missionaries over for dinner. Their food is soooo gooood! The sister in the brownish dress is Li shimai, she is from Taiwan and has been in the military before. I think she served for a little less than 10 years. Then the model on the right hand corner is Sato Shimai, she and Li Shimai are companions. She is from Tokyo and 29 years old. She is super nice and cooks really good food as well. Then there is my companion on the bottom left :) next are the chouroutachi. Kakegawa is on the left with the two peace signs. He is from Nagoya, and I saw him a little around the MTC. His English is quite good. Next is Kurosaki/Johnsom choro. He is the District leader and half nihojnin. 

As far as the ward goes, it is very very tiny.  The missionaries make up about half the ward. Haha, I really love the church members though. They are so caring and are strong members.

As far as some fun stuff goes, I tried Natto, and got a fancy new green bike!!

Thanks for listening. And jet lag is real intense.. Haha, my companion has been super nice and allowed me to catch a few zzz's during meal times. 

Wish and hope all is well

Freed Shimai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment