Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Japan Week 1

From Japan
September 5, 2016

Hi guys, sorry I have been really busy writing. But good news is that out Mission President just called, and congratulated Johnson Shimai and I about having the most new investigators! 8!

Haha, I also fell face first while riding my bike, and almost got hit by a car this past week. Haha, but I have been kept safe by your prayers, and the Lord.

We have also had a new investigator, that was very opposed to religion and God in the first place. And from that meeting with him, we were able to teach by the Spirit. And from that meeting my testimony... That through the Spirit, one can confound the wise and learned, with small and simple means. Reference to Alma 37 verses 6-7.

I love the Holy Ghost, because without it. Missionaries wouldn't be able to convert anyone. If there is one thing, from this mission that I have learned. It is that the Holy Ghost is a gift. And how special
and important baptism is. Not because baptism raises the number of members. But because baptism is one of many key stepping stones that bring people closer to Christ. To come closer to Christ, one
desperately needs the Gift of the Holy Ghost.

Maybe, from reading my past blogs, everything seems too happy. Unrealistically so, and you would be right. But based from experience, I believe the reason for this. Is because we as missionaries know things are really hard, but that the good outweighs the bad. That saying negative things won't accomplish anything. Yes they are true, but only for a moment. And that when one looks back, that it's NOT the pain and hardship they will remember from a mission. But what came from the pain, what they learned from it.  And about the good that happened, the miracles and blessings they saw and received. The church is true :)I love this gospel, and the Lord has always been there to help me. And I promise the Lord will always be there for you.

Thank you for your prayers everyone

Much love


Freed Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment