Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 9th

April 9, 2017
From Hikari

On Saturday I slid on my bike and hit my knee straight on the concrete. Miraculously I am fine, I have some tendon pain, but no bad bruising. I am really surprised honestly, I literally fell directly on my knee. I couldn`t walk that night, and it was pretty painful. But the power of prayer is so strong, and I am already biking now.
Things are good, but slow. I am supposed to go to the hospital today. 

No worries,  I received a blessing as well. 

Unfortunately we have to drop 2 of our baptismal dates with our investigators. But that is ok, I have much faith in them for the future. For the investigator from the Philippians I told her that if she gets married in the temple, that I would fly all the way from America to be present. And I meant it. Haha.

But we did find a wonderful New Investigator, she is Chinese. She has cancer, and moved from china for treatment here in Hiroshima. She wants to learn more about Christ, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to teach her. We also have a Chinese family here in the Ward. Their names are the Son`s. Their family is really strong in the church. We have a lesson with her today. I hope that our investigator Shu san, will be able to find something she never even realized she was looking for from our message. 

Last Sunday was super special. I did not write about it because of time as normal. But last Sunday, one of our investigators. The woman from the Philippians came to church! And we had a translator for her. Her name is Yoshi Shimai, her English is native level, and she is a YW leader. Well I went Line,( our investigator), Yoshi, then me. And if Line had not come to church, I would not have had the chance to sit my Yoshi shimai. Normally missionaries do not get translators in church. Which is fine of course.

It was fast Sunday, and man was I so blessed to be by Yoshi Shimai. Without her, I would not have been able to hear Sister Son`s testimony.

Son shimai and another sister from the ward went to china. And they were able to do a lot of Family History work over there. Son shimai bore her testimony on what a blessing it was, to sing Hymns in her native language. And told us that when she went back home, she had found a book her father had kept that had all her family names in it. And she even brought it out for everyone to see. She was crying, and talked about how fortunate she was to have the opportunity to go to the temple and do her ancestors names. 

I started crying too, hahaha. It was a very spiritual moment for me. And such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. If Line had not come, I would not have been able to sit with Yoshi shimai the translator. And I would not have been able to understand Son shimai`s talk. 

Things are quite hard right now, I am not an organized individual, and I forget things a lot of the time. But I really am trying to be better. I am trying to learn faster. The language is still a huge barrier for me. My language is actually really really really bad. It is really discouraging, I thought I could learn Japanese, to the point where I could be good enough to help other people. But I can not. 

Definitely had to humble myself, that is for sure. haha I have been and still am repenting for my pride. 

On a great note though, Hirose San is going to be baptized this Sunday, I am very excited for her. She is such a blessing, and a strong member already. 

Thank you as always for your love and prayers.

I am honored to be a member and a missionary her in Japan.

Love
Your daughter
your little sis
Freed Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment