Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 2nd

April 2, 2017
From Hikari

Dear Everyone!
Man Hikari is so amazing, I can not stress that enough! And the members are amazing as always. They are so willing to join and make sacrifices for others. Church is not 3 hours, but 4 for pretty much all the members including the kids. There are so many meetings and people live so far away, that it doesn't make sense to go home and simply come back. They are consecrated and I am so blessed to know them.

This Sunday for us was Fast Sunday and two of our investigators came to church! It is so interesting how a simple smile, or offer to have someone sit by them, encourages one another and makes them feel welcome. One of our investigators as I said is from the Philippines and despite the language difference, I know she felt love from the members.  

My companion is also incredible. She is from Georgia, and she has such a great work ethic. We have had lessons on Preparation Day and she has been such a trooper! She is obedient and does her best in everything she does. I am grateful to God for making her my companion!

I am excited to watch conference this Saturday and Sunday! 

One of the investigators we have, a woman who referred herself, said that one of the reasons why she chose to investigate was because of the Priesthood. I know that she has found God`s authority in this church. I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father, and His Son and that Priesthood keys are on the earth today! 

Love you all,
Know that I am praying for you too!

Freed Shimai

I am honored to be a member and a missionary here in Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment