Sunday, December 4, 2016

December

From Saijo
December 4, 2016


To everyone/Blog,

Hello everyone I hope your holiday was great! I am so grateful for you and for the people here in Japan. I've felt and seen so many blessings since I have come here on my mission.

One huge blessing was the Minamimoto ふふ!

They were incredible missionaries, and a huge example to me of selfless service and endurance. They did so much for our little branch here in the Hiroshima Zone. They made numberless meals for us, members, investigators, and Eikaiwa students. They drove us to far away appointments, and helped strengthen the branch with their testimonies and examples. Saijo and the missionaries will really miss them! 

With the Fufu's (couple) in mind. I was reading a talk by L Tom Perry from the April 1992 General Conference titled "But the Labourers Are Few". It is a great talk, and shows how much help one missionary couple can do for building the Lord's Kingdom.

I also wanted to talk about one of the greatest experiences I have had thus far on my mission.

There is a friend/ investigator called "T" (For personal privacy reasons). And we were able to with with her to the near by Rest Home. 

We were able to see her mother, who is 95 and sing "we wish you a merry Christmas" to her. Not only that. But we were able to go around to all the individuals and sing to them. In one case, a woman was so happy that she began to cry. From simply being there, we was able to bring a huge amount of joy and energy to the people there.

The atmosphere was changed, and I was overflowing with love for all the people there! I love old people so much! They are huge examples to me of endurance, and I want to go back and sing as soon as possible!

One of the reason why this was such a great miracle, is because security in Japan is really tight. So we weren't even supposed to sing to the other senior citizens at all. We also got invited back to sing any time we wanted! Normally you have to have an appointment, but they said "those volunteers (missionaries) are able to drop by whenever". 

I can't wait to go back! I hope I get a chance soon! The spirit was so strong, and I want to visit all the time and simply be there with them. When I get back to the states, I really want to go! 





This is "T's" mother! She is so sweet!

I love old people! Haha! I could really feel Heavenly Father's love for them as well. If you think I am crazy reading this, go to your local Rest home, or Hospice. And try being someone else's joy, their friend, and to simply love someone without asking for anything in return. To just be with them. :)

-Your worth....Is when you know your Potential.
If you believe you have infinite potential, you have infinite worth.

As always, I'm honored to be a member and a saint here in Japan

Much love and gratitude for your prayers,


Freed Shimai


1 comment:

  1. I love visiting care centers too,always have! It can be tricky to get in here too though.

    ReplyDelete