Monday, August 21, 2017

July 16th

July 16, 2017
From Kagoshima

Dear Everyone,


So for this week well, I guess I should start out with the earthquake that happened this past Tuesday, it happened at around 10 or 11 ish. It was during our District Meeting, so everyone was already gathered together and no one was hurt. At first the tables started shaking and I thought it was one of the elders trying to annoy us sisters, haha, but then it got bigger and the room started shaking for a good 5 seconds. 

After it stopped, the zone leaders, Elder Kawabata and Woolsten, called all the districts in our zone right away and luckily no one was hurt.

We also had "Junkai`s" with the sisters in Taniyama and I was with Sister Wihongi from Australia, Queensland. She is an incredible missionary and I learned so much from her. She is really dedicated and works with all her might mind and strength, even when she is sick, she works till the very end. Her teachings skills are amazing, and she helped me make a language plan for my Japanese. She is such a hard worker and currently sick. Please pray for her to get better soon! 

I just wanted to bare testimony of how powerful the members here in Japan are, especially the Kagoshima branch! The branch is small, and very far away for some, so far, that it takes some members over 90 minutes, one way to get to church. Some take taxis, trains, and buses all in order to take the sacrament and attend meetings. The members are full of service, and inspire me to be like them when I get back home. They are small in numbers but huge in spirit, they are definitely in the service of God. They are incredible, and help us missionaries all the time. Whether it is a last minute effort or helping us find good hospitals. They are full of charity and always a blessing to be with and serve the Lord together!

Sister Glathar and I at Ikeda Shimai's house! 

Left side of the table is Elder Kawabata, Elder Chestnut, and Elder Woolsten. On the right is an investigator of 6 years, her name is Y san. Then it is sister Glathar, me and Elder Kimura.


Shrine 


Famous graveyard on the way up to our church. Sakurajima is in the background.
 
Shrine


Kumamoto Zone and  Kagoshima Zone conference. At the Kumamoto church building.
Elder Metekingi, me, Sister Glathar, and Elder Parry. 
 
KFC as a district 




Tomato Ramen 






Love you
Freed Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment